Installation of accumulator and expansion tanks
The principal difference in the installation of Amtrol Well-X-Trol Well Tanks and accumulators is in the nature of work. Expansion tanks are loaded with slow heating and the only thing to pay attention, because this is its fixings. Tank filled with liquid. Its mass increases several times, and if the tank mount is made poorly, it can just fall off.
Accumulators are working constantly and mode of loading them dynamic. Therefore, when installation we recommend the following:
- The fixing of the accumulator must be a large safety margin;
- To reduce noise and vibration produce fasteners through the rubber seals;
- Vibration and transmitted through the pipeline, so connect the accumulators via flexible tubing with shock-absorbing pads. The diameter of the flexible pipe should not constrict the flow area of lead communications;
- When long storage accumulator before being sold membrane is injected under pressure into a factory of gas. During storage of the membrane may stick together in some places. So when you first start replenish the water accumulator slowly to avoid rupture of the membrane. Check the gas pressure in the accumulator before starting work. This must match the passport. Do not experiment. Incorrectly chosen gas pressure can lead to rupture of the membrane;
- During the initial start-up, especially in large accumulator to remove air trapped inside the membrane. To do so, for fitting to vent the air (Fig. 2) ball valve, flexible hose connected to the sewerage system. Turn on and bleed the system flush the drain for a few seconds. Then close the ball valve, disconnect the hose and put in its place air separator device (a valve that allows air into the pit during operation), open the ball valve. This system allows you to remove air that accumulates in the membrane during operation. In tanks of small size, these works are not provided.
|| Amtrol WX-101 Well-X-Trol In-Line Well Water Tank, 2 Gal.
|| Amtrol WX-102 Well-X-Trol In-Line Well Water Tank, 4.4 Gal.
|| Amtrol WX-103 Well-X-Trol In-Line Well Water Tank, 7.6 Gal.
Disconnect the accumulator or expansion tank from the system. Loosen the screws that secure the flange to the chassis (usually six bolts), remove the flange. Try to remove the membrane. If the membrane is not removed, its design has another mount in the area of ??the nipple. Unscrew the nipple, remove the membrane. If the tank is large, the membrane is fixed to the nozzle for pumping air.
|| Amtrol WX-202 Well-X-Trol Stand Well Water Tank, 20 Gal.
||Amtrol WX-202XL Well-X-Trol Stand Well Water Tank, 26 Gal.
||Amtrol WX-203 Well-X-Trol Stand Well Water Tank
||Amtrol WX-205 Well-X-Trol Stand Well Water Tank, 34 Gal. Free shipping
A few words about the device and a complete set of electric boilers
As mentioned above, electric boiler – a fairly simple device. Its main elements are the heat exchanger consisting of a tankless water heaters (Takagi), and a control unit and management. Electric boilers are available for certain firms have staffed circulating pump, expansion tank, safety valve and filter (for example, some models of the Japan company Takagi).
Importantly, low-power indirect water heaters are in two different versions – single-phase (220 V) and three-phase (380 V). Boilers over 12 kW are usually made only three phase.
The vast majority of electric boilers rated at more than 6 kW produced multi-stage, which allows efficient use of electricity and does not include the boiler at full capacity during the transition periods – spring and autumn.
When using electric boilers is most urgent rational use of energy. Significant energy savings can be obtained by installing remote programmer, which support the room temperature to a predetermined timetable. Incidentally the cost of such programmers is not high. For example, the retail price of weekly programming by British company Wester varies among different dealers around 50 USD. In addition to saving energy Programmers noticeably increase comfort and ease of use of heating equipment.
Expansion tanks for plumbing
This device is an integral part of any plumbing system. It is thanks to him, the taps always have water pressure and a stockpile in case of power outages.
When choosing Therm-X-Trol Expansion Tanks must be guided by the following principle: The smaller the tank capacity, the more activated the Taco pump and as a consequence – the failure of the Taco pump.
But at the same choice too large displacement leads to the deterioration of water inside the expansion tanks. Large tanks are delivered at a joint plumbing supply of several houses at once.
The most common are Expansion tanks from 5 to 12 Gal. Most popular model is: Amtrol ST-5 and Amtrol ST-12
Expansion tanks for radiant heating systems
Water (coolant) – incompressible, but when heated they expand. For that to avoid the strong pressure on the pipes in radiant heating systems (hot water), these devices take on the excess pressure, which otherwise would break the internal backbone.
Selection of the tanks produced for each system individually, based on the amount of water (coolant).
Expansion tanks for closed (forced) heating system, a steel flask, which is built into a solid rubber membrane of technical rubber to withstand high temperatures.
It assumes arising due to the excess heating of the coolant. Moreover, displacement of the expansion tank for each of the heating system is calculated individually.
Practice shows that in systems where mounted gas boilers already have the tank, in 98% of the cases have to install additional tanks to achieve a desired result.
For hot water systems (DHW)
The principle of the expansion tank for hot water, exactly the same as for the heating system. In hot water system, he also takes on excessive expansion of the liquid. Material of manufacture of the membrane is replaced with technical rubber on the food.
Application: in complex systems with hot water provided by recycling.
Extrol Expansion Tanks
Extrol SX Expansion Tanks
Fill-Trol Expansion Tanks
Radiant Extrol Expansion Tanks
Therm-X-Trol Expansion Tanks